This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more info.
Board books are so much fun to read, but there are thousands of them out there and it can be difficult to pick just one (trust me, I know! I might have a board book buying problem).Below are 5 of my favorite board books for a one year old. Some of these books were gifted to me by friends, co-workers, and family whereas others I bought. You can tell by the state of my pictures that each book has been well loved, even the “Dear Zoo” book, which is a 2nd copy!
I hope you enjoy reading these to your little ones, and please comment if you have any other suggestions for others.
1. Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton – Sandra Boynton is amazing! I had such a hard time picking only one of her books to recommend for a one year old, but this book is a favorite. My daughter loves the animals noises and we love reading it together – I will read the first part of the sentence and then my daughter will make the animal noises. It’s super cute!
2. First 100 Words by Roger Priddy – Filled with 100 colorful photos of everyday things. When we first got this book, my husband and I would point out various photos to my daughter, but now that she recognizes things, she has started saying the words and pointing the words out to us.
3. Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book by Rod Campbell – Fun, quick read filled with tons of zoo animals! My daughter loves lifting up the flaps and checking out each animal.
4. Peek-A Who? by Nina Laden – I don’t know about your kid, but mine LOVES peek-a-boo! This book is a fun read and a great ending! My daughter loves reading it in the car.
5. Mini Tab: Baby Bear, Baby Bear, What Do You See? (Brown Bear and Friends) by Bill Martin Jr. – Cute rhyming book filled with many types of animals! My daughter loves the tabs on top as it helps her turn the pages, and she loves the repetition of this book.