Need some new indoor snow days activities for your toddler? Check out my awesome list of 20 ideas below. I know I am running out of ideas after it being the 4th snow day in the past two weeks – thanks Polar Vortex! If you can think of others to add, let me know by leaving a comment. We’re always looking for new things to do. Enjoy!
Gross Motor Activities
- Red Light, Green Light – Great game to play to burn off some energy when you’re stuck inside on a snow day! We play this in our hallway, and our toddler loves it.
- Sing & Jump to “Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed”
- Make an obstacle course – Use every day things you can find around your house like cardboard boxes, towels, etc.
- Do Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Play indoor hopscotch – This is one suggestion, but good old paper & tape work too.
Arts & Crafts
- Color – free coloring pages from Crayola
- Make a Sensory Bin with Snow! – Don’t have a bin yet? Use a large cake pan or bowl. Grab some snow from outside.
- Finger Paint – We love to have these Crayola Fingerpaints on hand for days like today. Just make sure you buy the washable kind!
- Make one of these adorable 18 snowman crafts
- Design cards for the grandparents – Grab construction paper, markers, stickers, etc. and let them be creative!
- Build a fort using blankets & sheets – fun way to stay warm on a snow day!
- Have a tea party
- Break out the Play-Doh
- Play dress-up – Don’t have any dress-up clothes? Look into your closet. What could your kiddo play with? I bet you have some fun things they could wear.
- Turn a cardboard box into a car – break out the markers, tape, scissors, and let them go to town!
- Get on your favorite PJs and watch a movie – we love “Frozen“, any of the Disney Classics, “Brave“, and “Sing“.
- FaceTime with Grandma & Grandpa or other relatives that you haven’t seen in awhile
- Read 3-5 books that you haven’t read in awhile OR let them read books for awhile by themselves
- Listen to some nursery rhymes on YouTube
- Do a Guided Relaxation for Kids (Cosmic Kids Yoga) – recommended for 3+